Friday, June 8, 2012

July...

In three weeks, I'll be saying goodbye to June and New York and saying hello to July and Latin America. I'll be spending the first two weeks of July in Quito, Ecuador on a service trip, and the third week of July in the Dominican Republic, on vacation with my family. These trips will obviously be very different in nature, but I think they will create a really nice contrast to one another.

I've been preparing for my trip to Quito, little by little. Courtney and I will be living with a host family and spending our days working with little kids in Quito. I'm excited to meet all the people that will be part of our lives for those two weeks. I've been getting small waves of anxiety about the trip every few days. I've never been out of the country for as long as I will be. While I'm ready to take on whatever Quito and the people there have to offer, I'm nervous for all the unexpected things that will likely come my way. Pero estoy lista para aprender todo sobre la gente de Quito!

I plan on blogging during my trip as much as possible. I'd like to write every day, but I don't know how practical that is. I'd really like to try so that I can document and remember everything about my time in Quito. I'll do my best!

Photo: themurfs/mybudgettravel



No comments:

Post a Comment