Friday, June 22, 2012

Solamente una semana!

I'm leaving for Ecuador in a week, which is making it extremely difficult to write a paper for summer school. I'm taking a course called Philosophy of American Thought. My thesis for my final paper is going to be something along the lines of education failing due to the disregard of individual differences in learning. I'm kind of wishing that I could write it after my trip because I think the education system in Ecuador will give me a lot of insight into this topic (not to mention, make me ease up on my criticism of American education!)

I can't believe we're leaving in a week! Seven days. It seems like we've been counting down for the last few months but these past couple of weeks have really flown by. I feel ready. The only thing that I'm still a little nervous about is my Spanish. I know it's all up there in my head, but I tend to freeze up when someone starts talking to me in Spanish. Apparently people in Quito speak very slowly, so that has been reassuring to me. I've been brushing up using a podcast called Coffee Break Spanish. I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested in learning Spanish.

So as I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm going to try to write a lot while I'm in Quito! I'm going to try to cover a few different areas of the trip: our housing, the project, the food, the city, and the people. I think that should give everyone a good idea of what I'm up to.

ONE WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment