Thursday, June 28, 2012

God always takes care of us when we're doing His work.

I have to stop pacing! I also have to stop packing. We'll be catching our connecting flight from Miami to Quito at this time tomorrow. TOMORROW! It doesn't feel real.

Today I went to lunch with a few of my favorite ladies, my Aunt Aidi and my cousins Olivia and Natalie. Also my dad! It was so nice to spend time with them and I'm super excited to spend a whole week with them in the Dominican Republic! Have I mentioned that I'm going on vacation after Quito? Since when do I live such a crazy life? I can get down with this.

I found out today that we'll be working with the Sisters of Calcutta! I have a special place in my heart for Mother Teresa's work (she was radical and awesome) so I'm really excited. I also love sisters in general. Huge generalization, but I've never met a sister that didn't have a giant smile and a warm heart.

My grandma also loves Mother Teresa (HEY ABUELA! Espero que estรก leyendo!) so I called her today to let her know of the great news. She asked me if I was nervous and then said to me, "God always takes care of us when we're doing His work." Her saying that gave me a lot peace about leaving tomorrow. I haven't been very nervous, just a little anxious about what my life will be like for the next two weeks. I'm going to try my best to just let go and let God.

Well, my next post will likely be from the airport, airplane, or maybe even Quito! Thanks for reading and for all the nice emails, phone calls, and text messages the past few days! I have the most wonderful people in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy we got to spend time together! Can't wait to read your updates. So proud of you! Godspeed Kelsey...xoxox Aunt Aidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey,

    I don't know if the children of Tumbaco know this yet, but they are about to meet an angel.

    Love you!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete