Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Last night, a combination of friends, tea, delicious food, laughter and a tiny turtle was a beautiful resolution to my junior year. I don't know how all this time has passed so quickly, but this time tomorrow, I'll be considered a senior. This time next year, I'll be in the tail end of my internship. I don't know where else I'll be at this time tomorrow, nevermind this time next year, but I know I'm excited to find out.

For me, this summer is likely the last one of its kind. That doesn't mean future summers will be more or less eventful, more or less exciting, etc., but I know this is the end of something. I remember this feeling at the end of high school. Excitement was mixed with fear. I knew it would all work out, it just didn't happen the way I thought it would. I was afraid to leave things behind. I was afraid my relationships would fade, my first love would fizzle, and that things would never be the same. These turned out to be legitimate things to worry about, because my worst fears came true. I've lost many things these last few years, but I've gained so much more. Maybe that's the scariest part of taking the next step. I know I'll have to adapt again. This time, I know it will all be worth it. Maybe it has something to do with sacrifice or fate, I haven't really figured that out yet, but I'm confident when the time comes, I'll know which way I'm supposed to go. And thankfully, if I go the wrong way, I have a whole team of people backing me up. Well, aren't I just the luckiest?

My friend Breakfast, the turtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment