Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mountain day.

I've loved mountains ever since I started watching the WB show, Everwood, when I was a kid. I remember wanting to live in Everwood, Colorado, a small town surrounded by mountains, where everyone knew each other. Well, Quito is kind of reminding me of Everwood. It doesn't matter where you are in the city, you're completely surrounded by beautiful, snow-capped mountains and volcanoes.

Today we went to El Panecillo, which is a mountain-top statue of Mama Mary with wings. It was breathtaking. I have never seen anything like the view from up there.

I took a video from up on the statue but for some reason I can't post it :( and I'm losing patience because I'm very tired so I'll try to update this post with the video tomorrow. It's awesome.

Last night we went to a karaoke bar! I sang "Let It Be" and "Someone Like You." It was a lot of fun. We drank beer from tiny glasses. Very classy. I'll add pictures tomorrow. My usually trusty app Blogsy is failing me!

Buenos noches a todos!

2 comments:

  1. Stunningly beautiful Kels! Thanks for posting and keep enjoying your Everwood!.xoxox Aunt Aidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being a loyal blog follower! Love you! See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete