Tuesday, July 3, 2012

First day.

I wrote this on Monday but I guess it never posted! Today was our first day of work at the Sisters of Calcutta convent. There are about thirty kids! It's loco. They are the cutest little babies. And they really are babies. Some of them are probably around one year old and the oldest is probably about five years old. We played all day long. They have toys, but most of them are broken or missing parts. We had to be creative but most of the kids seem to have great imaginations. The day flew by and we were working for eight hours!

THIS IS THE COOLEST PART OF THE BLOG POST SO PAY ATTENTION! The Mother Superior of the Sisters of Calcutta is visiting the convent this week!!! She's Mother Teresa's successor's successor! I'm really hoping we get to meet her tomorrow. I guess we picked the right time to be here! Is it weird to ask to take a picture with her? Give me your input...

If you haven't had cantaloupe juice, get on a plane to Quito right now and join us for breakfast tomorrow. It's so delicious. I'm going to miss fresh juice every day when we leave. Maybe I'll buy a juicer.

Here are some pictures!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment