Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Writing a blog is kind of cool.

Writing a blog is kind of cool because you start really thinking about all these things that you usually just pass by every day. Like today I had the thought, "Wow. Starbucks' Peppermint Mocha Latte is one of the most delicious things that has ever existed. I wonder if I should write about it in my blog." I guess I shouldn't because it would be boring, but I guess I kind of already did. Moving on...

I realized today that my New Year's resolution is going to be to write in this blog at least once a week. Hopefully I'll write more than that, but when considering vacations and finals weeks, once a week is reasonable to hold myself accountable for. Here are some more things I'd like to do/change this year:

1. The aforementioned "overreaction" problem. I'd like to be a tad bit more passive.
2. FITNESS! I want to run on a regular basis. I always go through a few months of keeping up with my fitness, followed by a few months of completely slacking.
3. Become a better musician. This is general and a constant goal in my life, but this year will bring me another two semesters closer to graduation. Soon I'll be a real music therapist, leading real music therapy groups, with real music therapy clients. AH!
4. With that said, I don't want to push myself as hard as I did this semester. I ended up with tendinitis in both of my hands and wrists. I stopped playing when the doctor told me to, but I think I knew much earlier on that I should have stopped. Seriously though, how do you stop playing "Someone Like You" by Adele? Like, seriously? Someone tell me.
5. BE OPEN! I want to explore and learn and accept with a clear and open mind.
6. Affirm people to their faces and behind their backs.
7. Do a little more "truth searching."

I'll add some more if I can think of them. I watched the movie "The Help" last night. It was quite inspiring.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment