Monday, January 9, 2012

If I live the life I'm given, I won't be scared to die.

Here goes the first of many posts that I only write because I promised myself I'd write often. It's weird to write in here and know that I'm the only one reading it right now, but that eventually other people might read it. It makes this blog limited, which makes the process kind of challenging and fun.

So I had one of those pre-semester days when I make lists, set goals, and basically try to do everything I have to do before the first day of classes. This semester, my music therapy fieldwork will be at a community clinic for people with HIV, psychiatric diagnoses, and addictions. Everything is in order, so I should be starting right on time! I'm excited and very very nervous. I'm excited to be working with people who want to help themselves and who will value my presence as much as I value theirs. I'm very nervous to deal with issues of death, depression, and sexual identity. I definitely have a lot to learn.

I tried to make some summer plans today. I have a few things I'd like to do. This is what I came up with today:
May-June: summer class at home and work
Last week of June and first week of July: service trip to South America (either Ecuador or Paraguay)
Third week of July: family vacation :)
End of July and first two weeks of August: work
Third week of August: Esopus :)
End of August: back to Philly

This is a tentative plan, but I know I have to start laying everything out or none of it will get done. I'm really excited for this summer. It kind of feels like my last summer of youth. I know that sounds depressing, but if I get a job right out of college, it's not likely that I'll be able to spend a summer like this one for a long time. We'll see how it goes!

I just started watching the show Dexter. It's weird. Updates as they happen...

I had the most delicious white peach sangria the other night. Here's a picture:


...and here's a recipe: http://wine.about.com/od/howwineismade/r/Whitelightsangr.htm

I think sitting down at the computer and opening this page and clicking "New Post" even when I don't have anything to write is a great idea. I guess I always have something to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment