Friday, August 31, 2012

You know that I could be in love with almost everyone.

I would say something dramatic referring to the possibility that this week was my last first week of classes ever, but let's face it, I'm a big nerd and will likely be in school forever. This week might have been my last first week of classes at Temple though (but somehow I doubt that, too).

Anyway, it was a pretty good week.

I met a man in a coffee shop who had ridden his bike across the world in memory of a friend who died on 9/11. He told me that one day I will be so much more than I can even imagine right now. I finished my coffee, went back to class, went on with my week, but still haven't lost the thrill of a complete stranger telling me how exciting my future will be. There's something incredibly exciting about a person, who is completely unattached to you and your well-being, having total confidence that your life will be an amazing adventure.

You don't meet people in the suburbs like you do in cities. Cities make me feel alive.

Exhibit A: Street Yoga



Well, here's to a premature three-day weekend. You'd think they'd save these things for when I'm desperately in need of sleep at the end of the semester. I'll be enjoying it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment